Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Wex, Inc. (WEX) Following 3Q Report
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating on WEX Inc. (NYSE: WEX), and raised the price target to $120.00 (from $101.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Revenue grew ~27% Y/Y to ~$288M. EPS fell 4% Y/Y to $1.25. WEX's increased FY16 guide anticipates revenue of $1.00-1.01B (from $975M-1.0B) and EPS of $4.53-4.60 (from $4.17-4.37).
Analyst Glenn Greene commented, "WEX reported upside 3Q16 results as revenue increased ~27% year-over-year (+12% organic ex. EFS/fuel/FX) while EPS fell 4% Y/Y to $1.25 (vs. our/Street's $1.12/1.13 estimates). Lower fuel prices dragged revenue growth by ~5pts, but EPS benefited $0.09 from a MasterCard contract renewal (one-time benefit). Notably, 3Q results benefited from a full-quarter contribution from the EFS acquisition (slightly <$40M revenue), which closed 7/1. Management suggests the integration is progressing well. Reflecting the upside quarter and an improving fuel price/ FX environment, WEX raised its FY16 outlook, which now anticipates revenue of $1.00-1.01B (was $975M-1.0B) and adj. EPS of $4.53-4.60 (was $4.17-4.37). Macrodriven same-store sales declines (-4% in 3Q) also persisted. Maintain Outperform rating and raise price target to $120 (from $101)."
Shares of WEX Inc. closed at $112.79 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!