Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Microsoft (MSFT) to $65 Following 1Q Beat
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating on Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT), and raised the price target to $65.00 (from $62.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. Revenue of $22.3B beat estimates by 360bps. The revenue beat was driven by strength in all three business segments. Gross/operating margins came in 20bps/190bps above estimates which, along with lower than expected taxes, drove a $0.10 beat on Non-GAAP EPS of $0.66.
Analyst Timothy Horan commented, "MSFT's F1Q17 results were strong, with revenue of $22.3B beating our estimate by 360bps, with strength in every division driving a 100 bps margin beat. Azure grew 121%, a 10% beat, on strong demand/share gains, with a similar beat from Office 365/Dyanmics. That said, we are just beginning to climb the S-Curve adoption cycle and as cloud momentum continues, gross margins will continue to scale. Along with continued buybacks and CAPX efficiencies we believe FCF/share can grow in the 9% area over the next three years. Further, we believe the stock has a strong margin of safety given its 2.6% dividend yield, secular tailwinds, the company's strong balance sheet and strong barriers to entry. Raising PT to $65 from $62, reiterate Outperform; model attached."
Shares of Microsoft closed at $59.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $215 at Oppenheimer
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!