Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Medtronic (MDT) to $94 Following EPS Beat
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating on Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE: MDT), and raised the price target to $94.00 (from $90.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. MDT reported a $0.02 EPS beat, driven by a slightly lower interest expense and tax rate.
Analyst Steven Lichtman commented, "MDT delivered an in-line F1Q operationally with EPS coming in $0.02 ahead on slightly lower interest expense and tax rate. The underlying story remained the same as new product launches, emerging market expansion and hospital service offerings drove ~5%/15% constant currency constant week (CCCW) sales/EPS growth in F1Q. MDT reiterated FY17 guidance, including 5-6% CCCW sales growth and EPS of $4.60-$4.70 (12-16% CCCW). Covidien synergies are on target, and free cash flow is on track to accelerate to $6.5-7.0B in FY17. We continue to see cash flow flexibility providing upside opportunities ahead in the form of accelerated buybacks, solid dividend growth and tuck-in M&A (including the recent Heartware acquisition). MDT’s scale is another key positive in today's environment."
Shares of Medtronic, Inc. closed at $85.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- Seagate Technology (STX): Few Surprises But Vague Guidance - BMO
- Baird Remains Sidelined on Seagate Technology (STX) Following 1Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!