Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Leucadia National (LUK) to $28; Reiterates Outperform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating on Leucadia National (NYSE: LUK), and raised the price target to $28.00 (from $23.00), reflecting the strong appreciation in peer investment banking company valuations in recent weeks.
Analyst Chris Kotowski commented, "We are raising our target price on LUK shares from $23 to $28. The move mainly reflects the strong appreciation in peer investment banking company valuations in recent weeks. Jefferies is LUK's largest investment, and we have been valuing it at 1.0x tangible book value, which is where the group had been trading most of the past year. The peers are now on average at 1.46x, and moving to this valuation level results in the change of target noted above."
Shares of Leucadia National closed at $21.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Pure Storage, Inc. (PSTG) Following 3Q; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!