Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Capital One Financial (COF) Following 3Q Report
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Underperform rating on Capital One Financial (NYSE: COF), and raised the price target to $60.00 (from $59.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Reported earnings were $1.92 vs. the consensus of $1.94 on a continuing ops basis. Core revenues were higher and market expense pulled back, driving core PPE to $3.2B vs. consensus' $3.0B estimate.
Analyst Ben Chittenden commented, "We've been warning investors for some time that we expected COF to raise its 2017 domestic card NCO guidance to the mid-4% range from low-4% based on the trends we could see in the delinquency formation data. 3Q16 ended up being the quarter when it happened. Thus, we expect '17 consensus estimate ($7.95) to accelerate its fall lower toward our estimate ($7.18). We continue to rate the stock Underperform as the process will play out over time, as many investors still believe 2018 will be a "coiled spring" earnings acceleration year. We continue to see ample evidence that subprime borrowers are seeing pressure, and losses are likely to rise at a time when COF continues ramping up exposure."
Shares of Capital One Financial closed at $75.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on CarMax (KMX) to $72 Ahead of 3Q
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!