Oppenheimer Downgrades Nordson (NDSN) to Perform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer downgraded Nordson (NASDAQ: NDSN) from Outperform to Perform on valuation.
Analyst Christopher Glynn commented, "We are downgrading shares of NDSN to Perform from Outperform, acknowledging continued upside potential to estimates, but reluctant to stretch our target multiple beyond 20x FY17E EPS. We continue to expect long-term outperformance, but note sharply tougher comparisons beyond FY1Q17 and sometimes streaky demand fundamentals. To be sure, NDSN continues to execute success in diversifying end-market applications. Regarding the more cyclical mobile sector, increasing competition supports view of a more consistent growth profile emerging with expanding applications serving tier 1 customers, and accelerating automation investment among the tier 2 sector, and therein lies a potential folly of our tactical rating adjustment. Thus, we step to the side on valuation (prior PT was $92), but remain comfortable in long-term value creation of the business model."
Shares of Nordson closed at $101.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!