Oppenheimer Downgrades Nordson (NDSN) to Perform
- Wall St. drops on bleak GE outlook; Microsoft blunts losses
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
- Oil on track for first weekly loss in five weeks on strong dollar
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Oppenheimer downgraded Nordson (NASDAQ: NDSN) from Outperform to Perform on valuation.
Analyst Christopher Glynn commented, "We are downgrading shares of NDSN to Perform from Outperform, acknowledging continued upside potential to estimates, but reluctant to stretch our target multiple beyond 20x FY17E EPS. We continue to expect long-term outperformance, but note sharply tougher comparisons beyond FY1Q17 and sometimes streaky demand fundamentals. To be sure, NDSN continues to execute success in diversifying end-market applications. Regarding the more cyclical mobile sector, increasing competition supports view of a more consistent growth profile emerging with expanding applications serving tier 1 customers, and accelerating automation investment among the tier 2 sector, and therein lies a potential folly of our tactical rating adjustment. Thus, we step to the side on valuation (prior PT was $92), but remain comfortable in long-term value creation of the business model."
Shares of Nordson closed at $101.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Packaging Corp. (PKG) to $93; Reiterates Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!