Oppenheimer Cuts Price target on Tractor Supply (TSCO) to $80; Reiterates Outperform
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer maintained an Outperform rating on Tractor Supply Company (NASDAQ: TSCO), and cut the price target to $80.00 (from $110.00). On Sept. 7th, management pre-announced negative 3Q results and lowered expectations for 2016, citing ongoing weather challenges and macro pressures.
Analyst Brian Nagel commented, "We stick with our Outperform rating on Tractor Supply. Our $80 price target (down from $110) suggests upside of almost 20%. We have for a while maintained an upbeat longer term outlook for TSCO. More recently, we articulated a cautious near-term stance toward the story, on concerns of softer sales at the chain. TSCO's negative pre-announcement on Sept. 7th marked a clearing event for the story. Shares have now re-rated lower and trade at a valuation consistent with historic troughs. The combination of seemingly washed-out near-term sentiment and our view that recent sales woes are much more cyclical than structural implies to us that while TSCO could languish a bit longer, the next major move for the stock is apt to prove to the upside."
Shares of Tractor Supply Company closed at $68.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!