Oppenheimer Cuts Price target on Tractor Supply (TSCO) to $80; Reiterates Outperform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer maintained an Outperform rating on Tractor Supply Company (NASDAQ: TSCO), and cut the price target to $80.00 (from $110.00). On Sept. 7th, management pre-announced negative 3Q results and lowered expectations for 2016, citing ongoing weather challenges and macro pressures.
Analyst Brian Nagel commented, "We stick with our Outperform rating on Tractor Supply. Our $80 price target (down from $110) suggests upside of almost 20%. We have for a while maintained an upbeat longer term outlook for TSCO. More recently, we articulated a cautious near-term stance toward the story, on concerns of softer sales at the chain. TSCO's negative pre-announcement on Sept. 7th marked a clearing event for the story. Shares have now re-rated lower and trade at a valuation consistent with historic troughs. The combination of seemingly washed-out near-term sentiment and our view that recent sales woes are much more cyclical than structural implies to us that while TSCO could languish a bit longer, the next major move for the stock is apt to prove to the upside."
Shares of Tractor Supply Company closed at $68.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!