Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $40 Ahead of 2Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Oppenheimer maintained an Outperform rating on Kroger (NYSE: KR), and cut the price target to $40.00 (from $42.00), ahead of the company's 2Q earnings report. Sentiment remains negative toward KR shares as Oppenheimer expects management will likely cut both Comp and EPS guidance.
Analyst Rupesh Parikh commented, "In recent months, we have been hard-pressed to find really anything positive on the grocery front. As we spent time reviewing KR’s prospects into the print, we focused our efforts on assessing where the shares could bottom with our now more realistic earnings forecasts. Yes, the top line likely remains very challenging, and we expect another comp shortfall as we are still in the middle of a difficult deflationary and an increasingly promotional environment. As a result, shorter-term investors still need to proceed with caution, especially with accelerating deflationary headwinds lately. However, for longer-term investors, the business's underlying cash generation remains very strong, which suggests KR shares could be approaching a near-term bottom. We would take advantage of any weakness on the print."
Shares of Kroger closed at $32.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!