Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Honeywell (HON) to $122 Ahead of 3Q Release
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer maintained an Outperform rating on Honeywell International (NYSE: HON), and cut the price target to $122.00 (from $128.00), ahead of the company's 3Q earnings release. HON is expected to release results on 10/21/2016.
Analyst Christopher Glynn commented, "HON lowered 3Q organic to -3%, vs. prior +0-1%, ~$300M miss ($9.8B guide vs. prior $10.0-10.2B). New 3Q preliminary EPS of $1.60 compares to prior guidance for $1.67-1.72. Guidance includes $75M additional Aero OEM milestone payments in 3Q (top-line reduction that falls through; now $250M incremental for year vs. prior ~ $200M vs. 2015), representing about $0.07 EPS offset to $0.21 of expected 3Q gains (including $0.14 gain on sale, $0.07 tax gain related to change to pending rules on stock compensation accounting). Incremental restructuring deployment accounts for the balance of $0.18 reinvestment of benefits, netting to $0.03 net benefit—this is how we reconcile $0.10 3Q lower EPS expectation ($0.13 operational shortfall; $0.03 net benefits)."
Shares of Honeywell International closed at $106.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- Guggenheim Cuts Price Target on Tractor Supply (TSCO) Following 3Q Report
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on Bj's Restaurants, Inc. (BJRI) to $34; Reiterates Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!