Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Honeywell (HON) to $122 Ahead of 3Q Release
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Oppenheimer maintained an Outperform rating on Honeywell International (NYSE: HON), and cut the price target to $122.00 (from $128.00), ahead of the company's 3Q earnings release. HON is expected to release results on 10/21/2016.
Analyst Christopher Glynn commented, "HON lowered 3Q organic to -3%, vs. prior +0-1%, ~$300M miss ($9.8B guide vs. prior $10.0-10.2B). New 3Q preliminary EPS of $1.60 compares to prior guidance for $1.67-1.72. Guidance includes $75M additional Aero OEM milestone payments in 3Q (top-line reduction that falls through; now $250M incremental for year vs. prior ~ $200M vs. 2015), representing about $0.07 EPS offset to $0.21 of expected 3Q gains (including $0.14 gain on sale, $0.07 tax gain related to change to pending rules on stock compensation accounting). Incremental restructuring deployment accounts for the balance of $0.18 reinvestment of benefits, netting to $0.03 net benefit—this is how we reconcile $0.10 3Q lower EPS expectation ($0.13 operational shortfall; $0.03 net benefits)."
Shares of Honeywell International closed at $106.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Honeywell (HON) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Issues Q4 EPS outlook
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!