Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Ferroglobe plc (GSM) to $12; Reiterates Outperform
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer maintained an Outperform rating on Ferroglobe plc (NASDAQ: GSM), and cut the price target to $12.00 (from $14.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. GSM reported revenues of $398M, down 6% sequentially from $423.5M. SiM prices for the quarter averaged $1.01/lbs, down from $1.08 realized in 1Q16.
Analyst Ian Zaffino commented, "Ferroglobe reported very weak 2Q16 results, with adjusted EBITDA of $17.2M, vs. our/Street estimates of $50M/$56M. We believe there were other one-time addbacks not called out, such as inventory losses, yield issues and power renegotiations in Venezuela, which would have helped EBITDA by $15M-$20M. Even so, results would still be below estimates, as SiM prices remain weak. EBITDA in 2017 could improve, as the post-merger Ferroglobe signs new contracts as a combined company, vs. bidding against itself. Lower 2016-17E EBITDA to $119M/$135M, from $174M/ $176M. Lower price target to $12 from $14 based on our reduced outlook."
Shares of Globe Specialty Metals closed at $9.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Vocera Communications, Inc. (VCRA) to $22
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Government Properties Income Trust (GOV) to $25
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) to Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!