Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on CIT Group (CIT) to $48; Reiterates Outperform
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Oppenheimer maintained an Outperform rating on CIT Group (NYSE: CIT), and cut the price target to $48.00 (from $49.00). On October 6, the company announced the sale of its aircraft leasing business to Avolon Holdings for $3.9B. If all the proceeds were used to buy back stock at the current share price, it would be enough to retire 44% of the shares outstanding. At the current share price, TBV would be ~$48 post repurchase.
Analyst Chris Kotowski commented, "A few months ago, a client commented that if investing were like Olympic diving, then one could get a lot of "degree of difficulty points" for following CIT, but it isn't and that CIT was just a headache. We have felt the same on many occasions, but still think that one can, in Apollo CEO Leon Black's words, "identify opportunity by embracing complexity." For a relatively modestly sized company, CIT does indeed bring a lot of complexity and difficulty, but here is the opportunity in a nutshell: CIT has underperformed, but trades at just ~+/- 80% of pro forma TVB, and the company has just sold one of its lesser performing businesses for ~1.2X TBV."
Shares of CIT Group closed at $36.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Packaging Corp. (PKG) to $93; Reiterates Buy
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesLeon Black
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!