Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on CIT Group (CIT) to $48; Reiterates Outperform
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer maintained an Outperform rating on CIT Group (NYSE: CIT), and cut the price target to $48.00 (from $49.00). On October 6, the company announced the sale of its aircraft leasing business to Avolon Holdings for $3.9B. If all the proceeds were used to buy back stock at the current share price, it would be enough to retire 44% of the shares outstanding. At the current share price, TBV would be ~$48 post repurchase.
Analyst Chris Kotowski commented, "A few months ago, a client commented that if investing were like Olympic diving, then one could get a lot of "degree of difficulty points" for following CIT, but it isn't and that CIT was just a headache. We have felt the same on many occasions, but still think that one can, in Apollo CEO Leon Black's words, "identify opportunity by embracing complexity." For a relatively modestly sized company, CIT does indeed bring a lot of complexity and difficulty, but here is the opportunity in a nutshell: CIT has underperformed, but trades at just ~+/- 80% of pro forma TVB, and the company has just sold one of its lesser performing businesses for ~1.2X TBV."
Shares of CIT Group closed at $36.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Raising Estimates, Cutting Valuation Range - Wells Fargo
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesLeon Black
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!