Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target as Hain Celestial (HAIN) Announces Delay in 4Q Release
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer maintained a Perform rating on Hain Celestial (NASDAQ: HAIN), and cut the price target to $45.00 (from $52.00), following the company's announced delay of its 4Q release. HAIN is evaluating whether revenue associated with concessions granted to certain US distributors is being recognized properly. The company also noted it does not expect to achieve its FY16 guidance.
Analyst Rupesh Parikh commented, "Earlier this evening, HAIN announced a delay in the release of Q4 results due to the evaluation of revenue associated with concessions to certain distributors. This clearly represents a significant surprise to investors, as some have speculated lately on a potential takeout by a larger CPG player. Fundamentally, we thought the delay was more likely HAIN evaluating a potential M&A target. Management also announced that it does not expect to achieve its previously announced guidance for FY16. We are adjusting our numbers to reflect our latest thinking on HAIN including the impact from the sharp devaluation of the British pound and recent industry data points. We are trimming our PT to $45 from $52."
Shares of Hain Celestial closed at $53.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- ULTA Salon (ULTA) PT Raised to $290 at Stifel But Remains Sidelined
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!