Omnivision (OVTI) Fair Value Closer to $32/Share - Needham & Company
- OPEC Maintains Oil Production Target
- Market Wrap: Durable Goods Order Outpace in Oct.; GoPro's Drone Ambitions; New Home Sales Fall Flat
- Deere & Co. (DE) Tops Q4 EPS by 26c
- After-Hours Stocks Movers 11/26: (CJES) (GPRO) Higher; (KITE) (AVNR) Lower (more...)
- U.S. Durable Goods Orders Show Surprise 0.4% Gain in Oct.; Inventories Rise to Highest-Ever Level
Needham and Company is boosting its price target on Omnivision Technologies (Nasdaq: OVTI) from $27 up to $32 following this mornings non-binding takeover bid from Hua Capital Management.
Analyst Rajvindra Gill commented,
If we analyze the last three major acquisitions -- Montage, RDA, & Spreadtrum-- done by a Chinese state-owned entity (whether by PDTSI or Tsinghua Unigroup), we’ve see an average 5-10% bump from the initial bid. In addition, what makes this an interesting case, is that OVTI would mark the first unsolicited bid of a U.S. domiciled semiconductor company made by a Chinese state-owned entity. Therefore, we could see another U.S. based strategic company make a bid in order to capture key semiconductor assets (i.e. image sensors) or witness a competitive bidding process by another Chinese state-owned entity, such as Tsinghua group, as we saw with the bidding process for RDA. Our $32/share would represent ~1x EV/sales on our FY15 ests, which we think is an appropriate valuation given OVTI’s dominance in the Chinese smartphone market and growing momentum in the automotive market. This multiple would represent a 16% premium to the current share price (stock is up13% today on the news) and 35% premium to what ON Semi acquired Aptina (EV/sales 0.76x).
OmniVision Technologies closed at $24.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Canaccord Genuity Downgrades 21Vianet (VNET) to Hold
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Results Described as 'Mixed' at Goldman Sachs
- Ctrip.com (CTRP) PT, Estimates Slashed at Piper Jaffray
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!