Omnivision (OVTI) Fair Value Closer to $32/Share - Needham & Company
- Lumber Liquidators (LL) Slammed Again as Senator Calls for Federal Investigation
- McDonald's (MCD) Food Quality Improvements Seen as Important Part of Turnaround
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 3/4: (IFON) (NVGN) (PHMD) Higher; (BV) (CYCC) (BOBE) Lower
- Fed Sees Growth Across All Regions; Strong Dollar Hurting Exports for Some Companies - Beige Book
- ADP Employment Change 212K vs 219K Expected
Needham and Company is boosting its price target on Omnivision Technologies (Nasdaq: OVTI) from $27 up to $32 following this mornings non-binding takeover bid from Hua Capital Management.
Analyst Rajvindra Gill commented,
If we analyze the last three major acquisitions -- Montage, RDA, & Spreadtrum-- done by a Chinese state-owned entity (whether by PDTSI or Tsinghua Unigroup), we’ve see an average 5-10% bump from the initial bid. In addition, what makes this an interesting case, is that OVTI would mark the first unsolicited bid of a U.S. domiciled semiconductor company made by a Chinese state-owned entity. Therefore, we could see another U.S. based strategic company make a bid in order to capture key semiconductor assets (i.e. image sensors) or witness a competitive bidding process by another Chinese state-owned entity, such as Tsinghua group, as we saw with the bidding process for RDA. Our $32/share would represent ~1x EV/sales on our FY15 ests, which we think is an appropriate valuation given OVTI’s dominance in the Chinese smartphone market and growing momentum in the automotive market. This multiple would represent a 16% premium to the current share price (stock is up13% today on the news) and 35% premium to what ON Semi acquired Aptina (EV/sales 0.76x).
OmniVision Technologies closed at $24.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Downgrades LKQ Corp. (LKQ) to Neutral
- Career Education (CECO) PT, Estimates Lifted at Piper Jaffray Post Q4
- Target (TGT) Target Lifted to $86 at Piper Jaffray
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!