ON Semiconductor (ON): Notes From Investor Meetings - Mizuho
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Mizuho Securities analyst, Vijay Rakesh, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of ON Semiconductor (NASDAQ: ON) after taking the CFO, Bernard Gutmannon, a non-deal roadshow. Key points include:
1) The FCS acquisition is expected to close any day now as they await some procedural details. The analyst believes the combined entity could drive revs/EPS of $5.1B/$1.41.
2) Overall, ON has seen stronger y/y order trends in July/August with key L-T focus markets being automotive, industrial, and smartphones.
3) The Automotive segment is ~36% of revenue now and, with FCS, Automotive will be ~28% of revenue. Automotive revenue has been growing 12-15% y/y while FCS growth is slightly slower at 7-9%. ON is seeing automotive traction with LED lighting, power train, sensors and ADAS. Automotive cameras are for forward collision warning (FCW), automatic dimming (in the Mercedes CLS at $6-$10 front-facing and $3-$5 rear-facing), and new cockpit cameras for drowsy driver assist. FCS (14% of revenue from auto) does mostly power discrete for hybrids and EVs.
4) Industrial will be ~28% of the combined ON/FCS and the highest GM/OM segment. The Industrial segment is driven by 1) building automation, 2) connectivity solutions, 3) machine vision, 4) security/surveillance, and 5) medical (10% of Industrial).
5) ON continues to see ~$75M in cost synergies in the first six months post close and $150M/yr in annual savings within 18 months (mostly from opex reductions).
price target of $16.00
Shares of ON Semiconductor closed at $10.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- PacWest Bancorp (PACW) PT Raised to $60.50 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!