Novavax (NVAX): Analyst Day Recap - FBR
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
FBR Capital analyst, Vernon Bernadino, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Novavax (NASDAQ: NVAX) after the company hosted an analyst day to review 3Q16 operations and provide an update on its clinical development plans.
The RESOLVE RSV vaccine Phase III trial did not meet its efficacy objectives. An analysis of all RESOLVE data was undertaken to determine a path forward, resulting in a decision to conserve financial resources (immediate 30% work-force reduction), continue the PREPARE Phase III trial, and initiate a small dose–ranging Phase II trial in older adults (60 years and older) to gain information for designing a future pivotal trial. We think data, conclusions, and rationale presented were compelling, particularly including a thorough understanding of lessons learned from RESOLVE that defined what additional information is required and how to obtain it.
The analyst believes the 84% pullback since the announcement represents a disconnect with identification of this forward path and, therefore, a strong buying opportunity.
No change to the price target of $12....yes $12.
Shares of Novavax closed at $1.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Novavax (NVAX) Initiates Phase 2 Trial of RSV F Vaccine in Older Adults
- UPDATE: SunTrust Starts Wesco Aircraft Holdings (WAIR) at Buy
- UPDATE: SunTrust Starts KLX Inc (KLXI) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!