Novavax (NVAX): Analyst Day Recap - FBR
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FBR Capital analyst, Vernon Bernadino, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Novavax (NASDAQ: NVAX) after the company hosted an analyst day to review 3Q16 operations and provide an update on its clinical development plans.
The RESOLVE RSV vaccine Phase III trial did not meet its efficacy objectives. An analysis of all RESOLVE data was undertaken to determine a path forward, resulting in a decision to conserve financial resources (immediate 30% work-force reduction), continue the PREPARE Phase III trial, and initiate a small dose–ranging Phase II trial in older adults (60 years and older) to gain information for designing a future pivotal trial. We think data, conclusions, and rationale presented were compelling, particularly including a thorough understanding of lessons learned from RESOLVE that defined what additional information is required and how to obtain it.
The analyst believes the 84% pullback since the announcement represents a disconnect with identification of this forward path and, therefore, a strong buying opportunity.
No change to the price target of $12....yes $12.
Shares of Novavax closed at $1.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $210 at Mizuho
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!