Nordstrom (JWN) PT Bumped to $62 at Stifel Following Strong Quarter
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Stifel analyst Richard Jaffe reiterated a Buy rating and raised his price target on Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN) to $62.00 (from $58.00) following strong quarterly results.
Jaffe commented, "JWN reported solid 3Q results, well above our estimate and consensus, primarily due to better margins and lower expenses than we modeled. Comp sales increased 2.4%, due to a shift in timing of the Anniversary sale which benefited 3Q TY. When combining comps for 2Q and 3Q, which removes the impact of the Sale's shift, comps increased 0.4%. Full-line (including direct) comps increased 0.5% and off-price (including Rack, Rack.com and HauteLook) comps increased 3.9%. The stronger sales were due in part to trend-right fashions during the Anniversary sale. We anticipate momentum to continue through the holiday selling season.
Given the better than anticipated results, management raised its adjusted 2016 EPS guidance to the range of $2.85-$2.95 (from $2.60-$2.75). In 1H, management made adjustments to reduce expenses and tightly manage inventory levels in response to the difficult retail environment. Those adjustments helped lift results in 3Q and we anticipate a modest improvement in 4Q profitability as well."
The firm raised FY 2016 EPS from $2.72 to $2.95 and FY 2017 EPS from $3.10 to $3.20.
Shares of Nordstrom closed at $56.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Jefferies Adjusts Estimates on Ciena (CIEN) - PT to $29
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!