Nordstrom (JWN): The Anniversary Sale Bodes Well For 2H - Piper Jaffray
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Neely Taminga, reiterated her Overweight rating on shares of Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN) on the heels of a better-than-expected FQ2 earnings report. She is adjusting estimates and raising her price target. Despite a calendar shift in timing, the Anniversary Sale event performed better-than-expected and drove the underlying comparable-store sales higher than the street were modeling.
After management has reaffirmed key points of its fiscal year guidance, she believed "the potential for upside in both sales and profits was put on the table for this year driven by controlled expenses, the addition of new loyalty members to the Rewards program, and now a positive inflection in underlying demand in fall fashionable goods".
The price target goes to $63.00 (from $56.00).
Shares of Nordstrom closed at $47.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $150.00 at BMO Capital; Keeps 'Market Perform'
- Fastenal (FAST) PT Raised to $49 at Credit Suisse Following 4Q
- PTC Inc. (PTC) PT Raised to $60 at Citi; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!