Nordstrom (JWN): The Anniversary Sale Bodes Well For 2H - Piper Jaffray
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Neely Taminga, reiterated her Overweight rating on shares of Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN) on the heels of a better-than-expected FQ2 earnings report. She is adjusting estimates and raising her price target. Despite a calendar shift in timing, the Anniversary Sale event performed better-than-expected and drove the underlying comparable-store sales higher than the street were modeling.
After management has reaffirmed key points of its fiscal year guidance, she believed "the potential for upside in both sales and profits was put on the table for this year driven by controlled expenses, the addition of new loyalty members to the Rewards program, and now a positive inflection in underlying demand in fall fashionable goods".
The price target goes to $63.00 (from $56.00).
Shares of Nordstrom closed at $47.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!