Nordstrom (JWN): Results Justify The Expensive P/E - Cowen
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cowen analyst, Oliver Chen, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN) after the company's 2Q EPS beat on better comps, FY16 EPS guide was raised & strong Anniversary Sale results were better than expected.
The analyst, raised his PT to $55 from $48 based on ~18x 2017 EPS as improving comp performance, clean-ish inventories & easy compares provide a favorable 2H16 setup. The analyst continues to view JWN as the most future-proof department store long-term, which justifies the expensive P/E.
price target of $55.00 (from $48.00)
Shares of Nordstrom closed at $47.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Microsoft (MSFT) to $65 Following 1Q Beat
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades SL Green Realty (SLG) to Hold
- KLR Group Cuts Price Target on Southwestern Energy (SWN) to $14
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!