Nordstrom (JWN): Raising Estimates on Strong Anniversary Sale - Piper Jaffray
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Neely Tamminga, reiterated her Overweight rating on shares of Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN) and raised her price target to $56 after seeing continued signs of accelerating trends from Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale event which ended on August 7. The company is also heading into a period of easy comps and the potential for improved trends after a difficult Spring.
At the end of the Anniversary Sale, sell-through rates tracking well ahead of LY and four-year average; denim demonstrating strength. In monitoring sell-through rates of the 529 items in the early-access catalog, the analyst noted combined sell-outs and high sell-through rates are 31% versus 20% LY. From a category perspective, 13 of the 38 denim styles offered (34%) have sold out or demonstrated high sell-through rates; this is up from 17% LY.
The anniversary sale also shifts some revenue into 2Q since the timing of the sale has changed this year driving the analyst to raise her EPS estimate for FQ2 to $0.60 vs. the prior $0.50 and consensus of $0.56. The PT goes to $56 from $53 based on an unchanged 8x FY17E EV/EBITDA multiple..
Shares of Nordstrom closed at $44.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Neely Tamminga
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!