Nordstrom (JWN): Raising Estimates on Strong Anniversary Sale - Piper Jaffray
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Neely Tamminga, reiterated her Overweight rating on shares of Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN) and raised her price target to $56 after seeing continued signs of accelerating trends from Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale event which ended on August 7. The company is also heading into a period of easy comps and the potential for improved trends after a difficult Spring.
At the end of the Anniversary Sale, sell-through rates tracking well ahead of LY and four-year average; denim demonstrating strength. In monitoring sell-through rates of the 529 items in the early-access catalog, the analyst noted combined sell-outs and high sell-through rates are 31% versus 20% LY. From a category perspective, 13 of the 38 denim styles offered (34%) have sold out or demonstrated high sell-through rates; this is up from 17% LY.
The anniversary sale also shifts some revenue into 2Q since the timing of the sale has changed this year driving the analyst to raise her EPS estimate for FQ2 to $0.60 vs. the prior $0.50 and consensus of $0.56. The PT goes to $56 from $53 based on an unchanged 8x FY17E EV/EBITDA multiple..
Shares of Nordstrom closed at $44.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Neely Tamminga
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!