Nordstrom (JWN): Raising Estimates on Strong Anniversary Sale - Piper Jaffray
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Neely Tamminga, reiterated her Overweight rating on shares of Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN) and raised her price target to $56 after seeing continued signs of accelerating trends from Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale event which ended on August 7. The company is also heading into a period of easy comps and the potential for improved trends after a difficult Spring.
At the end of the Anniversary Sale, sell-through rates tracking well ahead of LY and four-year average; denim demonstrating strength. In monitoring sell-through rates of the 529 items in the early-access catalog, the analyst noted combined sell-outs and high sell-through rates are 31% versus 20% LY. From a category perspective, 13 of the 38 denim styles offered (34%) have sold out or demonstrated high sell-through rates; this is up from 17% LY.
The anniversary sale also shifts some revenue into 2Q since the timing of the sale has changed this year driving the analyst to raise her EPS estimate for FQ2 to $0.60 vs. the prior $0.50 and consensus of $0.56. The PT goes to $56 from $53 based on an unchanged 8x FY17E EV/EBITDA multiple..
Shares of Nordstrom closed at $44.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
- JPMorgan Downgrades Endo International plc (ENDP) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Neely Tamminga
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!