Nomura Securities Upgrades Evercore Partners (EVR) to Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Nomura Securities upgraded Evercore Partners (NYSE: EVR) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $65.00.
Analyst Steven Chubak commented, "After spending a considerable amount of time digging into our EVR model post earnings, we were very encouraged by a number of trends, including: strong share gains and backlog growth, best-in-class EPS momentum, and a heavily discounted valuation. Our analysis indicated that EVR should continue to grow revenues / earnings even if industry M&A activity slows (similar to what we have seen through the first 9M’16), something which is not reflected in cons.
Bottom Line: Following today’s share weakness (-2.4%, vs. +0.2% S&P Fins.), another significant advisory win with QCOM / NXP ($33mn fee, or ~4% of 2017E cons.; Fig. 9), and further upward cons. revisions post 3Q beat (+2%), we believe risk / reward looks very compelling. Despite best-in-class EPS momentum (+4%) with EVR the lone firm in our coverage with positive revisions YTD (Fig. 6), shares continue to lag (-2%), and are trading near their relative P/E trough (vs. S&P). We expect shares to outperform as positive earnings and backlog momentum drive upward revisions / multiple expansion."
Shares of Evercore Partners closed at $53.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Nomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!