Nomura Securities Starts General Motors (GM) at Neutral
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Nomura Securities initiates coverage on General Motors (NYSE: GM) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $33.00.
Analyst Anindya Das commented, "GM’s pickup truck business in the US is very profitable and we do not expect the company to suffer from any abrupt changes to its market share in this segment. Following its bankruptcy and subsequent restructuring, GM has steadily built up its automotive finance business. This captive finance arm has been doing well and we see room for it to further increase its earning assets over the next couple of years. However, these positives are balanced by downside risks to China’s automotive market in 2017, where GM has a substantial exposure through its Chinese JVs. Furthermore, outside North America, the company has yet to break even in Europe on an annual basis, and its prospects for doing so in the near term are clouded by Brexit uncertainties. GM also faces comparatively weaker positioning in South America, where it steadily has been losing market share, especially in Brazil, the region’s largest market."
Shares of General Motors closed at $31.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. auto sales in October expected to drop 7 percent: J.D. Power-LMC
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!