Nomura Securities Reiterates Neutral on Platform Specialty Products (PAH) Following Investor Day
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Nomura Securities reiterated a Neutral rating on Platform Specialty Products (NYSE: PAH), and cut the price target to $12.00 (from $11.00), following investor day. PAH negotiated an option to redeem Series B Preferred shares by December 15 for $460mn in cash and 5.5mn shares of PAH, instead of $600mn in April 2017.
Analyst Aleksey Yefremov commented, "Platform’s well-attended Investor Day in New York showcased the company’s revamped management team. One of the highlights for us was the detailed presentation on the Performance Solutions (PS) segment. Overall, we came away more impressed by the quality of the new PS portfolio and potential growth benefits from integrating acquired businesses. We commend PAH management for stabilizing the business after a rocky 2015, and acknowledge shares look increasingly attractive given 9.1x 2017E EV/EBITDA valuation. Ultimately, balance sheet concerns (7.0x net debt/EBITDA) paired with only modest cash generation in 1H16 keep us at a Neutral rating. However, we see PAH shares as attractive for long-term investors with high tolerance for risk. We acknowledge that the PS segment is undervalued and see optionality in ag recovery."
Shares of Platform Specialty Products closed at $9.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- IBM (IBM) PT Raised to $144 at Barclays, Says Funamentals Starting To Stablize In Midst Of Persistent Headwinds
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $165.00 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!