Nomura Securities Reiterates Buy on TJX Cos. (TJX) Following 2Q Report
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Nomura Securities reiterated a Buy rating and $85.00 price target on The TJX Companies (NYSE: TJX) following the company's 2Q earnings report.
Nomura commented, "At 20.5x and with shares near all-time highs, we believe TJX's lighter guidance coupled with mgmt. highlighting FY18 expenses weighed on shares. With dept stores citing less bad results and brands talking about bringing inventory under control, we believe investors are questioning the multiple premium that has been granted to defensive shares. However, we note that TJX always guides below the Street and with mgmt. citing an abundance of supply concurrent with a rationalizing dept store channel, TJX could actually see a benefit on both sides, helped by AUR as well. With the LT story intact, we reiterate our Buy rating amid today's sell-off."
Shares of The TJX Companies closed at $77.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades AZZ Inc. (AZZ) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!