Nomura Securities Reiterates Buy on TJX Cos. (TJX) Following 2Q Report
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Nomura Securities reiterated a Buy rating and $85.00 price target on The TJX Companies (NYSE: TJX) following the company's 2Q earnings report.
Nomura commented, "At 20.5x and with shares near all-time highs, we believe TJX's lighter guidance coupled with mgmt. highlighting FY18 expenses weighed on shares. With dept stores citing less bad results and brands talking about bringing inventory under control, we believe investors are questioning the multiple premium that has been granted to defensive shares. However, we note that TJX always guides below the Street and with mgmt. citing an abundance of supply concurrent with a rationalizing dept store channel, TJX could actually see a benefit on both sides, helped by AUR as well. With the LT story intact, we reiterate our Buy rating amid today's sell-off."
Shares of The TJX Companies closed at $77.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Halliburton (HAL) PT Raised to $61 at Nomura Following Q3
- Baird Remains Sidelined on Seagate Technology (STX) Following 1Q EPS Beat
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on eBay (EBAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!