Nomura Securities Raises Price Target on Domino's Pizza (DPZ) to $152 Following 3Q Beat and Raise
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Nomura Securities reiterated a Neutral rating on Domino's Pizza (NYSE: DPZ), and raised the price target to $152.00 (from $148.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. DPZ reported EPS of $0.96, $0.06 above the consensus estimate. Strength was driven by same store sales growth. 2016 estimates were raised $0.08 to $4.24.
Analyst Mark Kalinowski commented, "Earlier today, Domino’s (DPZ US; Neutral) reported third-quarter EPS of $0.96, surpassing our $0.90 forecast and the Consensus Metrix number of $0.90. The earnings beat was driven by robust U.S. same-store sales growth of +13.0%, ahead of our +10.0% projection and sell-side consensus of +9.1%. Domino’s posted the best Q2 domestic same-store sales growth of the 25 largest restaurant chains in the U.S.—and now looks poised to do so again in Q3, likely by a wide margin. We raise our 2016 EPS estimate by $0.08 to $4.24. Given the enviable domestic same-store sales momentum and a higher base of anticipated earnings coming off this year, we take up our 2017 EPS forecast by $0.15 to $5.10. We introduce our 2018 EPS projection of $6.00. We raise our target price to $152 (from $148) on a 17.5x EV/EBITDA multiple using 2017 estimates, and we maintain our Neutral rating."
Shares of Domino's Pizza closed at $159.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!