Nomura Securities Raises Price Target on Chimera Investment (CIM) Following 2Q
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nomura Securities reiterated a Buy rating on Chimera Investment Corp (NYSE: CIM), and raised the price target to $18.00 (from $17.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report.
Analyst Brock Vandervliet commented, "Following on our First Look which highlighted our first takeaways from CIM’s Q2 print, we are revising our estimates following a model review and management discussion. Our estimate revisions, though not substantial, reflect a growing sense that CIM can continue to manufacture a more stable earnings and dividend stream than most mortgage REITs. This stability is exemplified by our revisions which take full year EPS to $2.28 flat for both 2016 and 2017. Our Q3 estimate which does not bear the drag of Q2’s transaction costs like, is $0.60. Looking at consensus of just $0.56, this earnings pick-up is not well understood by all market participants. We are boosting our target price from $17 to $18."
Shares of Chimera Investment Corp closed at $16.54 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $44; Reiterates Strong Buy
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!