Nomura Securities Downgrades Lam Research (LRCX) to Neutral
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nomura Securities downgraded Lam Research (NASDAQ: LRCX) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $85.00 (from $95.00) after the company extended the timeline for its merger with KLA-Tencor after a request for more info from the DOJ.
Analyst Romit Shah commented, "We have been positive on the shares of Lam Research in large part because of the acquisition of KLA-Tencor, which would broaden end market exposure and increase margins, potentially resulting in multiple expansion. However, Lam issued a press release extending the timeline for its merger with KLA-Tencor after receiving a request for more information from the Department of Justice (DOJ). Management also disclosed that they still need approval from Korea, Japan and China. We find this concerning considering management 's track record of managing quarterly earnings expectations. Risk/reward is not compelling, as such, we believe investors should move to the sidelines until there is certainty on the KLAC acquisition. FY16E EPS at $6.45; FY17E EPS at $6.80."
Shares of Lam Research closed at $89.11 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!