Nomura Securities Downgrades American Express (AXP) to Reduce on Flaccid Earnings
- Wall St stumbles as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nomura Securities downgraded American Express (NYSE: AXP) from Neutral to Reduce with a price target of $56.00 (from $62.00), saying the companies earnings power is under scrutiny.
Analyst Bill Carcache commented, "We expect the tug of war between bulls and bears to intensify in 3Q16, which marks the first quarter that AXP will report excluding Costco. We believe the combination of softer-than-expected revenues and higher-than-expected expenses will weigh on AXP. Layer in what we expect will be a fourth year of market share losses in U.S. billings and growing concerns about business model risk, and we're left with what we view as a recipe for underperformance. We expect AXP to eventually reduce its long-term financial targets, with its EPS growth range declining to 10-12% from 12-15%. Relative to the returns they generate, we believe AXP is overvalued and DFS is undervalued. FY16E EPS at $5.67; FY17E EPS at $5.60."
Shares of American Express closed at $64.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Vocera Communications, Inc. (VCRA) to $22
- Leerink Partners Cuts Price Target on Conmed (CNMD) to $43; Reiterates Market Perform
- Oppenheimer Adjusts Estimates Ahead of Littelfuse (LFUS) 3Q Report - PT to $155
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!