Nomura Securities Cuts Price Target on Huntsman (HUN) to $19 as Shares Trade Down
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nomura Securities maintained a Buy rating on Huntsman (NYSE: HUN), and cut the price target to $19.00 (from $20.00), as shares trade down 14.9%. Nomura cut 3Q EBITDA estimates by $39mn and 4Q by $27mn. The cut to 2H16 estimates is likely to delay but not derail Nomura's positive thesis on HUN.
Analyst Aleksey Yefremov commented, "Following the strong performance in Jul-Aug, HUN shares have fallen 14.9% in Sep, outpacing a -1.5% decline in the S&P 500 and -3.4% the for S&P 500 Materials index. What happened: The sell-off followed cautious comments on the 3Q earnings outlook due to the: 1) effect of flooding on the Gulf Coast, 2) delayed benefits of cost cuts in Performance Products, 3) impact of rising ethylene on EO/EG businesses, 4) worse than expected MTBE. HUN will also incur unspecified one-time TiO2 separation cash expenses, which could be material, in our view. We lower 3Q and 4Q HUN estimates herein. Overall, we cut 3Q EBITDA by $39mn (12%) and 4Q by $27mn (10%). We estimate a ~$10mn negative surprise is due weather / other transient issues. We also trim our 2017E by 3%. We lower our SOTP-based TP by $1 to $19, implying 2017E FCF yield of 7.6% and EV/EBITDA of 7.1x."
Shares of Huntsman closed at $14.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Nomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!