Nomura Securities Cuts Price Target on Huntsman (HUN) to $19 as Shares Trade Down
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Nomura Securities maintained a Buy rating on Huntsman (NYSE: HUN), and cut the price target to $19.00 (from $20.00), as shares trade down 14.9%. Nomura cut 3Q EBITDA estimates by $39mn and 4Q by $27mn. The cut to 2H16 estimates is likely to delay but not derail Nomura's positive thesis on HUN.
Analyst Aleksey Yefremov commented, "Following the strong performance in Jul-Aug, HUN shares have fallen 14.9% in Sep, outpacing a -1.5% decline in the S&P 500 and -3.4% the for S&P 500 Materials index. What happened: The sell-off followed cautious comments on the 3Q earnings outlook due to the: 1) effect of flooding on the Gulf Coast, 2) delayed benefits of cost cuts in Performance Products, 3) impact of rising ethylene on EO/EG businesses, 4) worse than expected MTBE. HUN will also incur unspecified one-time TiO2 separation cash expenses, which could be material, in our view. We lower 3Q and 4Q HUN estimates herein. Overall, we cut 3Q EBITDA by $39mn (12%) and 4Q by $27mn (10%). We estimate a ~$10mn negative surprise is due weather / other transient issues. We also trim our 2017E by 3%. We lower our SOTP-based TP by $1 to $19, implying 2017E FCF yield of 7.6% and EV/EBITDA of 7.1x."
Shares of Huntsman closed at $14.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- Zayo Group Holdings (ZAYO) PT Raised to $41 at BTIG; Reiterates Buy
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Nomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!