Nomura Securities Cuts Price Target on Huntsman (HUN) to $19 as Shares Trade Down
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Nomura Securities maintained a Buy rating on Huntsman (NYSE: HUN), and cut the price target to $19.00 (from $20.00), as shares trade down 14.9%. Nomura cut 3Q EBITDA estimates by $39mn and 4Q by $27mn. The cut to 2H16 estimates is likely to delay but not derail Nomura's positive thesis on HUN.
Analyst Aleksey Yefremov commented, "Following the strong performance in Jul-Aug, HUN shares have fallen 14.9% in Sep, outpacing a -1.5% decline in the S&P 500 and -3.4% the for S&P 500 Materials index. What happened: The sell-off followed cautious comments on the 3Q earnings outlook due to the: 1) effect of flooding on the Gulf Coast, 2) delayed benefits of cost cuts in Performance Products, 3) impact of rising ethylene on EO/EG businesses, 4) worse than expected MTBE. HUN will also incur unspecified one-time TiO2 separation cash expenses, which could be material, in our view. We lower 3Q and 4Q HUN estimates herein. Overall, we cut 3Q EBITDA by $39mn (12%) and 4Q by $27mn (10%). We estimate a ~$10mn negative surprise is due weather / other transient issues. We also trim our 2017E by 3%. We lower our SOTP-based TP by $1 to $19, implying 2017E FCF yield of 7.6% and EV/EBITDA of 7.1x."
Shares of Huntsman closed at $14.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Halliburton (HAL) PT Raised to $61 at Nomura Following Q3
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on eBay (EBAY) Following 3Q Beat
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on American Express (AXP) to $75; Reiterates Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Nomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!