Nomura Securities Cuts Price Target on Huntsman (HUN) to $19 as Shares Trade Down
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Nomura Securities maintained a Buy rating on Huntsman (NYSE: HUN), and cut the price target to $19.00 (from $20.00), as shares trade down 14.9%. Nomura cut 3Q EBITDA estimates by $39mn and 4Q by $27mn. The cut to 2H16 estimates is likely to delay but not derail Nomura's positive thesis on HUN.
Analyst Aleksey Yefremov commented, "Following the strong performance in Jul-Aug, HUN shares have fallen 14.9% in Sep, outpacing a -1.5% decline in the S&P 500 and -3.4% the for S&P 500 Materials index. What happened: The sell-off followed cautious comments on the 3Q earnings outlook due to the: 1) effect of flooding on the Gulf Coast, 2) delayed benefits of cost cuts in Performance Products, 3) impact of rising ethylene on EO/EG businesses, 4) worse than expected MTBE. HUN will also incur unspecified one-time TiO2 separation cash expenses, which could be material, in our view. We lower 3Q and 4Q HUN estimates herein. Overall, we cut 3Q EBITDA by $39mn (12%) and 4Q by $27mn (10%). We estimate a ~$10mn negative surprise is due weather / other transient issues. We also trim our 2017E by 3%. We lower our SOTP-based TP by $1 to $19, implying 2017E FCF yield of 7.6% and EV/EBITDA of 7.1x."
Shares of Huntsman closed at $14.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Prudential Financial (PRU) Garners Spot on Goldman Sachs's Conviction Buy List
- UPDATE: UBS Downgrades Validus Holdings (VR) to Neutral
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Jabil Circuit (JBL) Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Nomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!