Nomura Maintains Buy on Nike (NKE) Despite Disappointing Future Orders; PT to $60
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nomura Securities analyst Simeon Siegel lowered his price target on Nike (NYSE: NKE) to $60.00 (from $64.00) but maintained a Buy rating following a Q1 beat but future orders that were below expectations.
Siegel commented, "American business, 1Q posted a sales/EPS beat with a worse-than-expected GM, offset by better than expected SGA (fig 12). There appears to be three primary factors at play within GM, two of which appear more one-time, or optical, in nature: 1) pressures from the golf exit and 2) a shift in costs from operating overhead into COGs, with 3) growing off-price penetration impact likely the only real support for bear case. Despite the threat from a push by competition & disappointing futures, we view NKE’s scale & dominance as a LT barrier to entry & maintain our Buy despite what appears a nascent share loss."
Shares of Nike closed at $55.34 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Symantec (SYMC) to $27; Reiterates Hold
- Check Point Software Technology (CHKP): Raising PT to $118 - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!