Nokia (NOK) Buying Alcatel (ALU) Wireless Assets Could Boost Value - Analyst
- Market Wrap: Shire Makes Bid for Baxalta, Gets Rejected; Fed's Lockhart Hints at Sept. Rate Hike; Splitsville for RR Donnelley
- Disney (DIS) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c
- China Worries, Technical Damage Weigh on Apple (AAPL)
- Activision Blizzard (ATVI) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c, Revenue Beats, Offers Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 08/04: (USNA) (CHUY) (Z) Higher; (ETSY) (TRMB) (GLUU) (DIS) Lower (more...)
Liberum commented today that the purchase would move Nokia Siemens Networks value to 0.8 times sales, pushing the unit to an overall valuation of €6.8 billion (just over $9 billion). Nokia's current market cap is at $23.6 billion.
Nokia could also garner another €4 billion in cash from the sale of its HERE unit, for a sum-of-the-parts value of €7.4 billion for the unit.
Liberum keeps Nokia at Buy, but raises its price target from €4.5 up to €5.7 per share.
For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on Nokia click here. For more ratings news on Nokia click here.
Shares of Nokia closed at $6.36 on Thursday, with a 52 week range of $2.52 to $6.47.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- EXOR to Acquire PartnerRe (PRE) for $140.50/Share
- Baxalta (BXLT) Board Rejects Shire (SHPG) Takeover Proposal
- Baxter (BAX) on Watch as Recent Spin-Off Baxalta (BXLT) Receives Takeover Bid
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!