Nokia (NOK) Jumping Into Alcatel (ALU) Deal Could Pressure Corp. Ratings - Danske Bank
- Top 10 News for 9/15 - 9/19: Markets Welcome Alibaba IPO; New iPhone Sets Records; Fed Remains Accommodative
- Alibaba (BABA) IPO Lights Up Wall Street
- Stock Futures Higher as Scotland Votes Down Independence, Alibaba's (BABA) IPO Prices
- Telefónica S.A. (TEF), Vivendi (VIVHY) Agree to $9.3B Deal for Global Village Telecom
- Are Yahoo! (YHOO) Investors Ready to 'Sell the News'? Analyst Weighs In
Danske Bank’s Louis Landeman, during a recent interview, said Nokia and Alcatel in a tie-up would hamper the positive momentum that Nokia is seeing in its credit ratings. The outcome might be slight downgrade or stabilization at current levels.
Currently, S&P, Fitch, and Moody's all have Nokia's credit ratings under review following recent M&A activity. Landeman thinks that it is unlikely that the ratings agencies will take action before the company is done with its strategic review.
Nokia spreads might widen depending on how a deal is structured. Right now, Alcatel's ratings are vulnerable given that it is going through a major restructuring and is having trouble generating stable free cash flow.
Moody's is at B1, Fitch is at BB-, and S&P is at B+ on Nokia. Shares are indicated lower Thursday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: KeyBanc Upgrades VF Corp. (VFC) to Buy
- Wedbush Assumes Novavax (NVAX) at Outperform
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades Oracle (ORCL) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Credit Ratings
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!