Nokia (NOK) Jumping Into Alcatel (ALU) Deal Could Pressure Corp. Ratings - Danske Bank
- Market Wrap: Big Earnings Releases; Zebra's Giant Enterprise Deal; Glass Day on Tax Day
- Intel (INTC) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c; Guides Q2, FY14
- After-Hours Stock Movers 4/15: (YHOO) (BIDU) (INTC) Higher; (ATHL) Lower (more...)
- Yahoo, Inc. (YHOO) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
- Stocks Choppy With Escalation of Ukraine Violence
Danske Bank’s Louis Landeman, during a recent interview, said Nokia and Alcatel in a tie-up would hamper the positive momentum that Nokia is seeing in its credit ratings. The outcome might be slight downgrade or stabilization at current levels.
Currently, S&P, Fitch, and Moody's all have Nokia's credit ratings under review following recent M&A activity. Landeman thinks that it is unlikely that the ratings agencies will take action before the company is done with its strategic review.
Nokia spreads might widen depending on how a deal is structured. Right now, Alcatel's ratings are vulnerable given that it is going through a major restructuring and is having trouble generating stable free cash flow.
Moody's is at B1, Fitch is at BB-, and S&P is at B+ on Nokia. Shares are indicated lower Thursday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Intel (INTC) Q1 Had No Surprises for Bulls or Bears, Susquehanna Says; PT Raised
- Google (GOOG) PT, Estimates Lifted at Jefferies Ahead of Q1 Print
- UPDATE: Canaccord Genuity Starts Versartis (VSAR) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Credit Ratings
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!