Noble Reaffirms Comtech Telecom (CMTL) at 'Buy'; Positive on Shift Towards Organic Growth
- Global stocks sag as bond 'bloodbath' shows no sign of letting up
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Noble Financial affirms Comtech Telecomm (Nasdaq: CMTL) at Buy with a price target of $20 following FY16 results reported late last week, still seeing shares as oversold.
Analyst Mark Jordan commented:
- [FY16] Revenues came in below expectations, but significant margin improvement and lower than expected acquisition related costs led to stronger than anticipated earnings of $0.14 per share, compared to an expected loss of $0.16.
- Bookings of $202.8 million gave a healthy quarterly book-to-bill ratio of 1.33x, compared to an average of 0.96x for the first three quarters of the year. Even excluding the impact of the $45 million NG 9-1-1 contract with Washington state, the ratio would have been above 1.0x as the company saw strong bookings across multiple business lines.
- The catalyst for the recent change in management was the board of director's desire to shift from the pursuit of inorganic growth to operational excellence, focusing on value added revenues, margin enhancement and free cash flow improvement. We are supportive of this shift in strategy, and believe it can create sustainable long term value.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Weingarten Realty Investors (WRI) Reports In-Line 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target as Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) Posts 3Q Beat
- F5 Networks (FFIV) PT Raised to $120 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNoble Financial, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!