Nike (NKE): Unlikely To Raise Consensus - UBS
- Futures flat as countdown to Trump's inauguration begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- Oil rallies from one-week low as IEA sees tighter market
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS analyst, Michael Binetti, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Nike (NYSE: NKE) but believes that F1Q results are unlikely to drive consensus EPS estimates higher.
Market data & industry readthroughs suggest that Nike's recent N. America sales growth rate has remained sluggish amid a recent fashion trend change & less impactful innovation lately. The analyst expects mixed quality F1Q results. We're forecasting global futures to decelerate to +8% from +11% in F4Q16. Importantly, we're forecasting N. America revs to grow just +2% (below the +MSD underlying run rate excluding a 1x shift in F4Q16), and N. America futures growth of just +4% (vs +6% last qtr).
The analyst went on to say "We believe the likelihood for Nike to raise FY17 either rev or EPS guidance with the 1Q update is minimal".
No change to the price target of $70.
Shares of Nike closed at $55.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: UBS Downgrades ExxonMobil (XOM) to Sell
- UPDATE: HSBC Starts Charter Communications (CHTR) at Hold
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $95 at Jefferies; Keeps 'Underperform'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!