News (NWSA) EBITDA Beat, But Print Trends Remain Weak - Jefferies
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies analyst John Janedis reiterated a Buy rating and $18 price target on News Corp. (NASDAQ: NWSA) as EBITDA beat, but print trends remain soft.
Janedis commented, "NWSA reported F1Q Adj EBITDA of $137M (ex. Wireless Group transaction exp), slightly better than our $122M due to higher profitability at DRES and HC. That said, the decline in print adv (-11% vs. JEFe -7%), and in particular that of the WSJ (-21%) will be a focus for investors. We expect stabilizing margins and core EBITDA growth in 2H17, however, worsening trends would pose a risk to the thesis."
The firm trimmed FY 2017 EPS from $0.32 to $0.27 and FY 2018 EPS from $0.37 to $0.34.
Shares of News Corp. closed at $12.22 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!