News (NWSA) EBITDA Beat, But Print Trends Remain Weak - Jefferies
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst John Janedis reiterated a Buy rating and $18 price target on News Corp. (NASDAQ: NWSA) as EBITDA beat, but print trends remain soft.
Janedis commented, "NWSA reported F1Q Adj EBITDA of $137M (ex. Wireless Group transaction exp), slightly better than our $122M due to higher profitability at DRES and HC. That said, the decline in print adv (-11% vs. JEFe -7%), and in particular that of the WSJ (-21%) will be a focus for investors. We expect stabilizing margins and core EBITDA growth in 2H17, however, worsening trends would pose a risk to the thesis."
The firm trimmed FY 2017 EPS from $0.32 to $0.27 and FY 2018 EPS from $0.37 to $0.34.
Shares of News Corp. closed at $12.22 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!