Newell Brands (NWL): Bull Case Goes To $90 - Jefferies
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst, Kevin Grundy, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) and cited it as a top pick after the recently announced portfolio divestitures are likely the first step in pruning JAH’s portfolio.
The analyst estimates pruning may be ~35% of the acquired brands over the next 2-4 years – ahead of the >25% divested by CEO Polk at NWL since ’12. The analyst's portfolio review suggests ~50 bps/~100 bps potential benefit to org sales/OM % and ~1x to NWL’s EV/EBITDA multiple from potential portfolio changes, driving a higher bull case of ~$90/share.
No change to the price target of $66.
Shares of Newell Rubbermaid closed at $52.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Abbott (ABT) to $47; Reiterates Buy
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Gentex Corp (GNTX) to $25 Following CES 2017
- UBS Reiterates Buy on Monster Beverage (MNST) After Meeting with Investors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!