Newell Brands (NWL): Bull Case Goes To $90 - Jefferies
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Kevin Grundy, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) and cited it as a top pick after the recently announced portfolio divestitures are likely the first step in pruning JAH’s portfolio.
The analyst estimates pruning may be ~35% of the acquired brands over the next 2-4 years – ahead of the >25% divested by CEO Polk at NWL since ’12. The analyst's portfolio review suggests ~50 bps/~100 bps potential benefit to org sales/OM % and ~1x to NWL’s EV/EBITDA multiple from potential portfolio changes, driving a higher bull case of ~$90/share.
No change to the price target of $66.
Shares of Newell Rubbermaid closed at $52.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Newell Brands (NWL): Cutting PT - Jefferies
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Envision Healthcare (EVHC) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!