Neuralstem (CUR) PT Cut to $4 at Brean Capital, 'Buy' Maintained
- Wall St. slips as countdown to Trump's swearing-in begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- CP's (CP) Outgoing CEO Hunter Harrison, Activist Paul Hilal Said Set to Target CSX Corp. (CSX)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Brean Capital analyst Jonathan Aschoff lowered his price target on Neuralstem (NASDAQ: CUR) to $4.00 (from $8.00) following Q2 results but maintained a Buy rating as cost savings plan is in place and as the 189 trial is enrolling.
Aschoff commented, "Neuralstem continues to enroll patients into the multi-site Phase 2 trial (n=220) with NSI-189 for MDD, which was initiated in May. Dr. Fava, the principal investigator, is using the SAFER patient interview to prudently enroll patients with accurately diagnosed MDD. We anticipate results to be released in 2H17. In June, Neuralstem announced additional in vitro data on NSI-189, providing mechanistic details which could help uncover the drug’s novel mechanism of action. NSI-189 showed enhancement of both short-term potentiation (STP) and long-term potentiation (LTP) in C57BI/6 mice and restored LTP in Angelman syndrome mice. Neuralstem ended 2Q16 with about $11.1 million in cash. The decrease in SG&A expense is largely due to reductions in compensation expenses under a cost saving plan. We believe that the cost saving plan underscores new management’s dedication to seeing the pipeline through. We acknowledge that our prior $8 target price appeared a bit aggressive and as such we are assuming a more conservative stance in our valuation, particularly regarding NSI-566, and have lowered our target price to $4."
Shares of Neuralstem closed at $0.22 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $144 at FBR Capital
- Jefferies Downgrades Autoliv, Inc. (ALV) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBrean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!