Netflix's (NFLX) Price Target Raised to $125 at JPMorgan
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 27, 2016 9:14 AM EDT)
JPMorgan maintained an Overweight rating on Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) and raised its price target to $125.00 (from $116.00). The price target is based on sum-of-the-parts analysis, said analyst Doug Anmuth.
Anmuth explained, "We believe Netflix is on track toward significantly disrupting the linear TV market through strong subscriber growth, content differentiation, and a better consumer proposition. We think the company is benefiting from key secular trends, including the proliferation of Internet-connected devices and increasing consumer preference for on-demand video consumption over the Internet rather than linear TV. Higher subscribers have a disproportionately larger impact on profitability as relatively fixed content costs account for the majority of Netflix’s costs."
"Our SOP analysis employs a 14x multiple on 2018E US streaming EBITDA of $1.7B, 3.0x 2018E US DVD EBITDA of $10M, and 5x 2018E International revenue of $6.7B. We believe that the 14x 2018E EBITDAmultiple and the 5x 2018E Revenue multiple are appropriate as they are either in-line with or at a slight discount to high-growth companies with unique assets, some of which are further along in profitability (such as FB&LNKD)," added the analyst.
Shares of Netflix closed at $94.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Benchmark Remains Bullish as Marcus Corporation (MCS) Announces Wehrenberg Theaters Acquisition
- Evercore ISI Raises Price Target on Regions Financial (RF) to $15 After Meeting with Management
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!