Netflix (NFLX): The War With Amazon Heats Up - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wedbush analyst, Michael Pachter, reiterated his Underperform rating on shares of Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) noting that the company's delay of the price increases scheduled for May created a lingering problem with investors - slowing domestic growth that will likely persist for another quarter as it "un-grandfathers" as many as 15 million more domestic subscribers over the next two months.
Additionally, the analyst thinks that Netflix's current share price fails to address the potential for meaningful competition from Amazon, (NASDAQ: AMZN) which recently launched a video-only subscription option of its own. Netflix has a much more powerful brand for SVOD, but it seems that with its new standalone service, Amazon has declared war on Netflix.
price target of $50.00
Shares of Netflix closed at $99.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $140 at Guggenheim
- Moody's Places 'B1' Rating on Netflix's (NFLX) Latest Unsecured Debt Offering
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRaising Prices
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!