Netflix (NFLX): Price Target Goes Up But FCF Estimates Go Down - Evercore ISI
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Evercore ISI analyst, Ken Sena, reiterated his Sell rating on shares of Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) despite the company solidly beating estimates over FCF concerns.
Netflix reported a strong beat to estimates with the exception of FCF, where its $506mm quarterly loss was double the expected loss as well as double the loss of a year ago. While the company expects 4Q16 FCF losses to be similar, its guidance for net adds, revenues, and operating income all show a business that is clearly benefiting from the continued secular shift to online video.
The analyst stated "although we find NFLX valuation to be difficult to support, particularly given the amount of losses and competition emerging within online video, we do see where this quarter’s performance is supportive of an overall improved view on shares. As such, we are increasing our target to $101 from $77 even though our FCF estimates continue to move downward over the medium term."
Shares of Netflix closed at $99.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- eBay (EBAY) PT Bumped to $32 at RBC Following 'Mixed' Qtr
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Genuine Parts (GPC) to $95 Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!