NetApp (NTAP): Good Quarter, Raising PT - Jefferies
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst, James Kisner, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) and raised his price target to $29.00 (from $24.00).
NetApp printed a solid Q1 beat driven by modest revenue upside and good expense control. Guidance was in line and the analyst was encouraged to see product margins stabilize with strong performance of NetApp's all flash products. Some concerns remain however, about NetApp's position in a highly competitive storage market.
NTAP reported FQ1 (Jul) revenue of $1.29B, above the Street's $1.26B. Q1 EPS totaled $0.46, beating the Street's $0.36. Gross margin reached 62.4% (Street = 62.2%). Product gross margin was 46.7%, above our 44% expectation and essentially flat Q/Q. Operating expenses were less than expected at $652M (Street = $666M). G&A was particularly light at $59M vs. our $75M; the company attributed the low G&A to ongoing cost reduction efforts.
Shares of NetApp closed at $28.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Entergy (ETR) to $72 Following Announced PPA Termination
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!