NetApp (NTAP): Good Quarter, Raising PT - Jefferies
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst, James Kisner, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) and raised his price target to $29.00 (from $24.00).
NetApp printed a solid Q1 beat driven by modest revenue upside and good expense control. Guidance was in line and the analyst was encouraged to see product margins stabilize with strong performance of NetApp's all flash products. Some concerns remain however, about NetApp's position in a highly competitive storage market.
NTAP reported FQ1 (Jul) revenue of $1.29B, above the Street's $1.26B. Q1 EPS totaled $0.46, beating the Street's $0.36. Gross margin reached 62.4% (Street = 62.2%). Product gross margin was 46.7%, above our 44% expectation and essentially flat Q/Q. Operating expenses were less than expected at $652M (Street = $666M). G&A was particularly light at $59M vs. our $75M; the company attributed the low G&A to ongoing cost reduction efforts.
Shares of NetApp closed at $28.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Packaging Corp. (PKG) to $93; Reiterates Buy
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!