NetApp (NTAP): Good Quarter, Raising PT - Jefferies
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies analyst, James Kisner, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) and raised his price target to $29.00 (from $24.00).
NetApp printed a solid Q1 beat driven by modest revenue upside and good expense control. Guidance was in line and the analyst was encouraged to see product margins stabilize with strong performance of NetApp's all flash products. Some concerns remain however, about NetApp's position in a highly competitive storage market.
NTAP reported FQ1 (Jul) revenue of $1.29B, above the Street's $1.26B. Q1 EPS totaled $0.46, beating the Street's $0.36. Gross margin reached 62.4% (Street = 62.2%). Product gross margin was 46.7%, above our 44% expectation and essentially flat Q/Q. Operating expenses were less than expected at $652M (Street = $666M). G&A was particularly light at $59M vs. our $75M; the company attributed the low G&A to ongoing cost reduction efforts.
Shares of NetApp closed at $28.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT) PT Lowered to $99 at UBS Following 4Q EPS Miss
- Hilliard Lyons Upgrades Community Trust Bancorp (CTBI) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!