NetApp (NTAP): 5 Key Takeaways From The Call - Susquehanna
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Susquehanna analyst, Mehdi Hosseini, reiterated his Positive rating on shares of NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) and raised his price target to $46.
Strong margins and an encouraging Jan Q guide support the analyst's "Positive" rating. The thesis revolves around increased conviction in NTAP's ability to deliver FY18 Rev growth and Opex leverage, leading to double digit EPS growth.
1) overall All-Flash Array (AFA) revenue grew >200% Y/Y and continues to fire on all cylinders (>$1B annualized run rate), and has placed NTAP comfortably ahead of PSTG in market share rankings
2) the migration of the installed base to Clustered ONTAP (cDOT) is progressing as expected - which enables NTAP to more effectively monetize its installed base with new products (namely All-Flash systems)
3) Product Gross Margin expansion in the Oct Q was encouraging, and consistent with our belief (and NTAP's prior commentary) that Product GMs likely troughed at 46% in the Jul Q
4) we continue to believe the acquisition of SolidFire could give NTAP what it needs to cultivate a software defined storage offering (i.e. hyper-converged), given SolidFire's core software IP
5) there remains more OM expansion (driven by lower op-ex) to be realized in FY18
The $46 PT increases from $42
Shares of NetApp closed at $34.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Hartford Financial (HIG) to $55
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesSusquehanna International Group of Companies, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!