Needham & Company reiterates Hold on Splunk (SPLK) Following 3Q Report
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Hold rating on Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK) following the company's 3Q earnings report. $277m billings/$245m revenue and $0.12 EPS were all above consensus $273m bill/$230m revs and $0.08 EPS. FY17 guidance was raised from $910-914m to $930-932m revenue, above $915m consensus.
Analyst Scott Zeller commented, "SPLK results were a solid quarter in an environment that has challenged fast-growing sectors such as Security and Big Data; both have felt the chill of recent decelerated spending. SPLK delivered its (at least) 5th consecutive beat and raise quarter, and there were several high points, including acceleration of license and 40% y/y growth in the number of 7-figure deals. Cloud is increasingly important, with mgmt stating it has tripled y/y in the OctQ, though it is still a $100m annual run rate business. While we see SPLK performing strongly, we note decelerating billings y/y. Shares in aftermarket traded up slightly near $60.50, which is 6.2x EV/ FY18 revenue and 25x EV/FY18 FCF, which we believe is near fair value. We anticipate shares remaining range-bound."
Shares of Splunk closed at $57.38 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Simon Property Group (SPG) to Hold
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!