Needham & Company Upgrades Varonis Systems (VRNS) to Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company upgraded Varonis Systems (NASDAQ: VRNS) from to Buy with a price target of $34.00.
Analyst Scott Zeller commented, "The VRNS JuneQ results were a small beat and raise, and the performance across the franchise was balanced. We have been cautious on VRNS from the first guide-down in May 2015 when shares were at $27. Since that “re-set” in the JuneQ15 guidance, Varonis had in-line or slight beat and reiterate quarters; CY16 has seen better momentum, with the initial guide above consensus revenue for CY16 and MarQ and JuneQ have been “small beat and raise”. A key driver of our upgrade is management's observation that “emergency (security) spending happened and we didn’t benefit”. As such, we believe VRNS’s high-volume, low-ASP model continues to grind higher, and we believe estimates are set appropriately for (modest) upward revisions. Raising CY16 and CY17 modestly, we establish a $34 target, which is 4.5x EV/CY17 revenue. Upgrade to BUY."
Shares of Varonis Systems closed at $26.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
- ULTA Salon (ULTA) PT Raised to $290 at Stifel But Remains Sidelined
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!