Needham & Company Upgrades Varonis Systems (VRNS) to Buy
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Needham & Company upgraded Varonis Systems (NASDAQ: VRNS) from to Buy with a price target of $34.00.
Analyst Scott Zeller commented, "The VRNS JuneQ results were a small beat and raise, and the performance across the franchise was balanced. We have been cautious on VRNS from the first guide-down in May 2015 when shares were at $27. Since that “re-set” in the JuneQ15 guidance, Varonis had in-line or slight beat and reiterate quarters; CY16 has seen better momentum, with the initial guide above consensus revenue for CY16 and MarQ and JuneQ have been “small beat and raise”. A key driver of our upgrade is management's observation that “emergency (security) spending happened and we didn’t benefit”. As such, we believe VRNS’s high-volume, low-ASP model continues to grind higher, and we believe estimates are set appropriately for (modest) upward revisions. Raising CY16 and CY17 modestly, we establish a $34 target, which is 4.5x EV/CY17 revenue. Upgrade to BUY."
Shares of Varonis Systems closed at $26.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- Plexus (PLXS) PT Raised to $57 at RBC Capital
- CSX (CSX) Activist Rumblings Should Put Upward Pressure on Shares, Says Deutsche Bank
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!