Needham & Company Upgrades Seagate Technology (STX) to Strong Buy
- Earnings lift S&P to two-week high; M&A supports
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company upgraded Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) from Buy to Strong Buy with a price target of $43.00 (from $39.00).
Analyst Richard Kugele commented, "In our view, a generally stable to improving demand environment is benefiting Seagate at the very moment it is well underway restructuring its capacity and OPEX model for the new world dominated by CSPs and high-capacity drives. We believe investors (including new 2% holder ValueAct) will be beneficiaries of these dynamics as they flow through the model. We increase our target to $43 from $39 based on 12x F17 EPS of $3.59. With the stock down ~7% (likely sell the news) and nearly 22% room to our new price target, we are upgrading to Strong Buy from Buy."
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $37.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on ManpowerGroup (MAN) Following 3Q Surprise
- Susquehanna Cuts Price Target on KLA-Tencor (KLAC) Following Strong 1Q
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target as Radcom Ltd. (RDCM) Reaches for Growth
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesValueAct Capital, LLC, Needham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!