Needham & Company Upgrades Seagate Technology (STX) to Strong Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company upgraded Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) from Buy to Strong Buy with a price target of $43.00 (from $39.00).
Analyst Richard Kugele commented, "In our view, a generally stable to improving demand environment is benefiting Seagate at the very moment it is well underway restructuring its capacity and OPEX model for the new world dominated by CSPs and high-capacity drives. We believe investors (including new 2% holder ValueAct) will be beneficiaries of these dynamics as they flow through the model. We increase our target to $43 from $39 based on 12x F17 EPS of $3.59. With the stock down ~7% (likely sell the news) and nearly 22% room to our new price target, we are upgrading to Strong Buy from Buy."
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $37.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesValueAct Capital, LLC, Needham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!