Needham & Company Upgrades NVIDIA (NVDA) to Buy; The Only Open-Ended Growth Story in Semis
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
- WestRock (WRK) to Acquire Multi Packaging Solutions (MPSX) for $18 per share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company upgraded NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $100.00, calling it the only open-ended growth story in Semis.
Analyst Rajvindra Gill commented, "We upgrade NVDA to Buy and establish a $100 PT post a significant beat and raise quarter. While NVDA reacted positively on Friday (up ~30% vs flat S&P500), we still see considerable upside as NVDA targets expanding markets. Our upgrade is principally based on long-term secular trends: 1) incorporation of ADAS applications in automotive market (25MM+ cars by 2019) and where NVDA's Drive PX2 supplies Level 3-5 autonomy (~$6B TAM); 2) proliferation of machine learning, AI and graphics virtualization in the data center; and 3) emergence of virtual reality devices in PC and gaming mkts driving higher graphics content. We believe NVDA can generate a base case of $3.10 of earnings power in FY18, and we have formulated a bull case scenario of $3.70-4.00 and $5-6 of long-term earnings power driven by the inflection of ADAS adoption."
Shares of NVIDIA closed at $87.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Dougherty & Co Upgrades MKS Instruments (MKSI) to Buy
- Needham To Clients: We're Buyers Of Facebook (FB) And You Should Be Too
- Qualcomm (QCOM) PT Lowered to $58 at UBS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Standard & Poor's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!