Needham & Company Upgrades Micron Technology (MU) to Strong Buy; $50 PT
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Needham & Company upgraded Micron Technology (NASDAQ: MU) from Buy to Strong Buy with a price target of $50.00 (from $40.00) citing long-term tailwinds in NAND gross margins.
Analyst Rajvindra Gill said, "While implied GM guidance was slightly below expectations, we see MU making the right decision to invest in controller and firmware in order to grow its SSD business in the future. We urge investors to look past the temporary NAND GM hit from these upfront costs and focus on the materially improving NAND GMs that we expect in CH15 as MU benefits from the cost advantages of an increasing mix of 16nm TLC (15-20% discount) and the ramp of its proprietary SSD solutions. In addition, we increase our P/E fwd multiple to 15x as we believe valuation multiples in consolidated industries eventually expand to 15-20x."
The firm raised FY 2014 EPS from $2.85 to $3.06 and FY 2015 EPS from $3.00 to $3.40.
Shares of Micron Technology closed at $31.26 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Prudential Financial (PRU) Garners Spot on Goldman Sachs's Conviction Buy List
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) to $45 Following 2Q Report
- UBS Remains Sidelined on General Mills (GIS) Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!