Needham & Company Upgrades Micron Technology (MU) to Strong Buy; $50 PT
- Top 10 News for 8/18 - 8/22: Apple Back to Record Highs; Ballmer Bids Microsoft 'Adieu'; Dollar Store M&A Saga Continues
- Yellen Jackson Hole Speech: Labor Market Dynamics and Monetary Policy
- It's About Time Apple (AAPL) Price Targets Started Moving Higher
- Dynegy (DYN) to Acquire Duke Energy's (DUK) Midwest Generation Assets in $6.25B Deal
- Murata Electronics to Acquire Peregrine Semi (PSMI) in Net $465M Deal
Needham & Company upgraded Micron Technology (NASDAQ: MU) from Buy to Strong Buy with a price target of $50.00 (from $40.00) citing long-term tailwinds in NAND gross margins.
Analyst Rajvindra Gill said, "While implied GM guidance was slightly below expectations, we see MU making the right decision to invest in controller and firmware in order to grow its SSD business in the future. We urge investors to look past the temporary NAND GM hit from these upfront costs and focus on the materially improving NAND GMs that we expect in CH15 as MU benefits from the cost advantages of an increasing mix of 16nm TLC (15-20% discount) and the ramp of its proprietary SSD solutions. In addition, we increase our P/E fwd multiple to 15x as we believe valuation multiples in consolidated industries eventually expand to 15-20x."
The firm raised FY 2014 EPS from $2.85 to $3.06 and FY 2015 EPS from $3.00 to $3.40.
Shares of Micron Technology closed at $31.26 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Janney Capital Upgrades Gap, Inc. (GPS) to Buy
- American Vanguard Corp. (AVD) PT Reduced to $12 at Topeka Capital
- Compass Point Downgrades Valley Financial (VYFC) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!