Needham & Company Upgrades KLA-Tencor (KLAC) to Buy; Sees Positive Risk/Reward Following Merger Termination
- Futures flat as earnings season gathers pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Needham & Company upgraded KLA-Tencor (NASDAQ: KLAC) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $84, citing positive risk/reward after the Lam Research merger was terminated.
Analyst Y. Edwin Mok commented, "We are upgrading KLAC to Buy from Hold with a PT of $84, after LRCX and KLAC terminated their proposed merger. KLAC is outperforming WFE in CY16 partially due to lower DRAM mix this year, but the stock's multiple saw compression (16x to 13x) due to the deal. We believe expectations for CY17 are low as DRAM mix is likely to recover, but we see strong growth continuing on strengthened foundry demand, ramping of Gen 5 optical inspection tools, growth from other new products, and a leaner operating structure enabling better margins/profitability ahead. While the stock could see near-term pressure on investor churn, we believe it is undervalued at a CY17 P/E of 13x. KLAC historically trades at a premium to peers on structurally higher margins and ROIC, and we expect multiple expansion ahead as it delivers our growth projections."
Shares of KLA-Tencor closed at $71.79 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Reiterates Strong Buy on KLA-Tencor (KLAC) Ahead of 2Q Report
- Needham & Company Remains Bullish on Teradyne (TER) Ahead of 4Q Earnings Report
- Yahoo (YHOO) Wasn't Great But It Was Better Than We Feared - Cantor Fitzgerald
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!