Needham & Company Upgrades Imperva (IMPV) to Buy Amid Potential Sale; $64 PT
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company upgraded Imperva (NYSE: IMPV) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $64.00, as Qatalyst hired for a potential sale.
Analyst Scott Zeller commented, "Our IMPV downgrade post MarQ was based on our lack of confidence that IMPV could achieve its forecast for the year. IMPV missed in JuneQ and shares have since recovered from a low near $35, up to the current $45 range. Last night’s call with full details of the JuneQ miss lowered the bar materially, with CY16 guidance going down -18% from $305.5m to $249.6m at the midpoint. We believe the bar has now been lowered sufficiently for IMPV for CY16. The official news on the call of Qatalyst being hired confirms recent speculation, and we believe activist Elliott will likely be rewarded with a sale of IMPV. Valuation? Currently, shares are at 4x EV/CY17 on a very low bar of $318m in CY17. We estimate IMPV would be worth 6x EV/CY17 revenues or greater in a potential sale. Upgrade to BUY, new target $64, based on 6x EV/CY17 revenue."
Shares of Imperva closed at $45.01 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on TTM Technologies (TTMI) Following 3Q
- Dougherty & Co Upgrades Entegris Inc (ENTG) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on General Dynamics (GD) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Rumors, Upgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!